Meltzerz Restaurant Reviews

Saturday, November 18, 2006

MEXICAN

Señor Fred
13730 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

Cost for 4 (before tip) $64.84

Overall: Upside -- the food, including the complimentary salsa, is delicious. Downside -- It's really dark in there (hate that). The bathrooms are dirty, ugh. And our service stank.

Lava Girl:
I like the bouncy booth seats. They were fun (even if everyone else got mad when I kept bouncing). I shared Dad's dinner; it was pretty good. I LOVED my dessert (Kahlua Mousse Chocolate Cake).

Peg Leg Scooty:
No burritos on the menu? What's with that??? Luckily, the Señor Fred Combo was muy delicioso.

Dr Drool:
The fireplace was a nice addition to the ambience, but it was just too dark. The room has a lovely pressed tin ceiling; it would have been nice to be able to see it better. I thought my strawberry margarita had a strange after-taste, but Fiesta Tostada was very good (except for the shell, which was stale).

BonzaMum:
The menu is one of those annoying many-paged, ring-bound affairs that's full of ads. Spare me the ads, please. Just gimme the food. I'm often disappointed with restaurant salads, because they taste just like something I'd make at home. Not the Ensalada Chapeada (chopped salad) -- it surprised me with its blend of flavours and textures. The mint was an inspired touch. Very, very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home